ACL is pleased to invite professors at accredited colleges and universities, including the more than 300 previously enrolled in the ACL Education Futures Program, to join the ACL Academic Network.
Once you have successfully joined as a professor, you will receive access to the following software for you and your entire class (up to 200 licenses valid for a 3 year term):
- ACL GRC - a cloud-based platform for audit management (including electronic workpapers)
- ACL Analytics
- ACL Launchpad - the single access point for ACL GRC, ACL Analytics, as well as support, ScriptHub, and ACL Academy
Professors are responsible for self-provisioning students' access, and use the platform to build and share course content, examples, and other educational use in their classroom.
How to join:
To join, simply complete the sign-up form on the bottom of this page. Once we have received your request, we will review your submission, setup your ACL Launchpad and relevant software licenses, and send you an email with your access instructions within 3-4 weeks.
How to setup:
Once you have joined and your licenses are setup, you can follow the setup steps below. After you are set up and ready to enroll students, you can direct your students to this page here for their own setup instructions.
- Log in to the ACL Launchpad (http://www.aclgrc.com). You should have received an email invitation from [email protected] on how to activate your account, otherwise check your spam/social folder.
- Download and Install ACL Analytics. For more information, see Installing ACL Analytics. You are considered the primary contact for your organization.
- Activate Analytics. The first time that you run Analytics, you are prompted to provide your Launchpad credentials to activate the software.
Just like yourself, students will need access to the Launchpad to get access to Analytics. To add your students as users in your organization on the Launchpad
- Log in to the ACL Launchpad (http://www.aclgrc.com).
- Go to the Users tab, and click the add user button .
- Enter a name and email address to register each student. Students receive a confirmation email that describes how to access ACL software. For more information, see ACL Launchpad quick start and Adding users to ACL Launchpad.
- You can also point students to the ACL Academic Network for Students page. A reminder that students are not entitled to support from ACL directly, any support inquiries by students (e.g. a student having trouble installing the software) should be directed at you, the professor. If you can not resolve the issue, you must submit a support ticket yourself through the Launchpad.
If you choose to set up a computer lab with ACL Analytics installed on each computer, you can perform the steps to download and install ACL Analytics as above. Activation of the software occurs for each student/user, the first time they open the software.
- Each student is required log into the workstation with their own network credentials
- Each workstation requires access to the internet and ACL's activation servers for activation purposes
- You (as the professor) must contact your ACL account manager and inform him/her that you have set up a computer lab. The account manager will make a note in your account that students may be activating their software on multiple machines
Getting ACL GRC for yourself
You can use ACL GRC to manage audit workpapers, internal control assessments (e.g. SOx), and continuous monitoring.
- Log in to the ACL Launchpad (http://www.aclgrc.com). You should have received an email invitation from [email protected] on how to activate your account, otherwise check your spam/social folder
- Follow the directions in the Projects quick start.
- If Projects is inaccessible, you need to grant yourself an ACL GRC Professional subscription, see Assigning subscription types.
You need to grant your students access to an ACL GRC Professional subscription, see Assigning subscription types.
In addition, you need to grant your students access to the projects in Projects. You can do this in one of two ways:
- Option 1: Grant all students admin access to Projects
Use this method if you have a small number of students whom you trust, and you do not have anything in Projects that you do not want them to access. Students will have access to all projects, Projects settings, and invite other users to Projects. See Assigning user privileges and roles in Projects.
- Option 2: Grant students only access to specific projects in Projects
Use this method if you do not trust your students, or you have projects that you do not when them to access. In this case, you can grant students access to the Projects Creator privilege, and give them access to select projects. See Assigning user privileges and roles in Projects.
Online self-paced learning, for fundamentals to advanced, Analytics to GRC.
User Guides (Analytics)
User guides and reference manuals for using ACL Analytics.
Great resource to point students to refresh themselves on syntax or command usage.
ACL Help Docs
User Guides (GRC)
User guides and reference manuals for using ACL GRC.
Sample Data is included with ACL Installation for use. Additional sample data is included with the courses in ACL Academy.
Feel free to use in your curriculum.
Advanced script utilities and template analysis apps for use in your projects.
Great for accomplishing advanced tasks like importing multiple files, fuzzy matching, and sampling.
Frequently Asked Questions
What support do I get?
As a professor, you can contact our support team if you have trouble accessing, downloading, or activating our software. See below for contact information. Students should only contact their professors for help – the ACL Support Team will not support students in accessing, downloading, activating, or using the software.
How long is the license/subscription for?
Professors are provided a subscription license for the term of the Academic Network contract. Students are entitled to use the software for educational purposes for the duration of the classroom term. It is the responsibility of the professor to manage the student user accounts for his/her class.
I have a textbook with an ACL software CD. I need help!
ACL no longer supports the software that is bundled with textbooks, and the old education program is no longer active. The only way to receive new educational software from ACL is through the Academic Network.
Should I use the unicode or non-unicode edition of ACL Analytics?
Typically, use non-unicode. If you plan on having datasets that contain international data that require unicode, only then use unicode. It is important that both professors and students use the same edition, or you won't be able to share projects.
ACL GRC Projects is inaccessible and greyed out in the Launchpad. How do I access it?
Make sure that you have given yourself the ACL GRC Professional subscription in the Launchpad. See Assigning subscription types.
I have not received the email invitation to the Launchpad. How can I confirm that it was sent?
Try these steps:
[email protected] or 1 (888) 669.4225 (North America).