Implementing robotics and process automation, or RPA, is a transformative opportunity. This is especially true for professionals on the hunt for new efficiencies and approaches to help stay ahead of the constantly changing business environment.
Demand for assurance in all areas of risk is on the rise, but headcount budgets in key functions remain relatively flat. RPA can overcome this challenge by unlocking new capacity that works 24/7 and can process much larger volumes of tasks and information. Yet, two common questions remain—how do you get started with RPA and where can it make the biggest impact?
We answer these questions in a 60-minute webinar, and share ways teams across the three lines of defense can prepare to adopt RPA, including:
- An overview of what RPA actually is and how are organizations getting value from RPA technology
- How RPA differs from data analytics in digital processes like audit, risk management, and compliance
- The minimum viable, practical steps required to get demonstrable value from RPA
- Concrete examples from your GRC peers to show how they’re using RPA
- How RPA programs can evolve over time using ACL’s maturity curve for audit, risk, and compliance automation
About the Speaker:
Dan Zitting, ACL’s Chief Customer Experience Officer, is responsible for product management, design, and user experience for ACL’s industry-leading software products. He is dedicated to the advancement of productivity enhancing technology for the audit profession and is a three-time winner of the CPA Practice Advisor Magazine’s 40 under 40 and Readers’ Choice awards, and most recently has been named by Business in Vancouver as one of Vancouver's Top 40 under 40. Dan is a Certified Public Accountant, Certified Information System Auditor and Certified Information Technology Professional. He holds a Bachelor of Science from Colorado State University and a Master of Science from University of Notre Dame.